Biocientífica S.A. is an innovative biotechnology company that develops, produces and markets in vitro diagnostic reagents; and imports and markets in Argentina in vitro diagnostic reagents, biomedical research, agricultural improvement and laboratory equipment.
Its fields of activity are human health, forensic studies, agro-biotechnology (animal health, plants and seeds), soil and food studies.
Biocientífica S.A. was founded in May 1983 with the aim of developing, producing and marketing in Argentina “in vitro” diagnostic and laboratory reagents for human diseases. Our first products focused on the diagnosis of rare and hard to detect autoimmune and infectious diseases, as well as the measurement of plasma proteins of clinical interest.
Since the 1990s, the company has entered into strategic alliances with leading companies in the United States and Europe to complement its own products with the commercialization of high-tech products of relevance to human health and disease diagnosis.
Since the ‘2000s, the company launched its molecular biology division, commercializing products for isolation and purification of nucleic acids and PCR and Real Time PCR techniques. This allowed the opening up of new fields of activity, in human health, forensic studies, agro-biotechnology (animal health, plants and seeds), and, since 2015, in soil and food studies.
For over 30 years, Biocientífica has consolidated its role as a technology-based company focused on developing, producing and marketing innovative quality biological products for Argentina and abroad, in close connection with R&D institutes of the national scientific and technological system.
Our product portfolio is oriented to provide technological solutions for:
- Autoimmune diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Cellular and molecular biology
- Purification of DNA, RNA and proteins
- Forensic studies
- Food analysis
- Biotechnology for agriculture
- Soil analysis
- Seed analysis
In our country, Argentina, Biocientífica S.A. is a supplier of hospitals’ analytical laboratories, public and private medical centers and clinics, centers for infectious diseases’ control and epidemiology, pathological anatomy laboratories, R&D institutes, universities, pharmaceutical and biotechnology laboratories, seed companies and food analysis divisions.
Innovation, development and production
Biocientífica S.A. has an innovation strategy based on:
- Internal development of new products
- Strategic alliances with prestigious universities and R&D units.
The company manufactures 46 products and supports its strength in the following assets:
- Production facilities in the City of Buenos Aires, adequate and licensed by ANMAT (Argentinean regulatory authority) to manufacture reagents for in vitro diagnosis and in vitro biological research.
- Production facilities and processes under compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
- Experience in compliance with CE Marking requirements for products placed on the EU.
- More than 30 years of experience in scaling up processes, regulatory approval, sales and distribution logistics for Argentina and abroad.
Products are manufactured under three formats:
- Finished Product, under Biocientífica S.A. brand. The labels and the IFU can be provided in different languages according to the buyer’s need.
- OEM or In Bulk product, without brand. Products with the same technical specification as catalog materials but with an unmatched variety of options and no labels. The buyer can assembles it in the country of destination, labelling it with its own brand.
- Private label, supplied from our facility with the client’s brand and design.
Marketing and distribution
Biocientífica S.A. markets its products through a wide network of distributors in Argentina and in the international market. The company sells to 19 countries around the world, mainly in Argentina, Europe and Latin America.
The company operates under GMP standards (Good Manufacturing Practices). Most of the manufactured products bear CE mark from the European Community (“European Conformity”).
Awards and distinctions
The company perceives itself as an organization that cares for and values its human resources, that is environmentally responsible and that conceives knowledge as a tool for its growth as an organization and for national development.
In this path, some of the distinctions we received are:
- World Challenge - Euro Challenge Award (2000, World Challenge) for establishing strategic alliances and opening of the market of Argentinean diagnostic products in India.
- IPYME 2000 Award - Industrial Companies (Fundación IPYME, Banco de Galicia), for technological innovation and strategic alliances to access new markets.
- Endeavor Foundation – International Panel (2002), selecting one of its managers as Endeavor Enterpreneur for his performance in the company. Read more
- Innovative Entrepreneur Award (2003, Secretariat of Science, Technology and Productive Innovation, Argentina), to Dr. Roberto Sedlinsky, president and founder.
- Nomination to Award for Export Excellence - category “Technology” (2006, La Nación TCA).
Biocientífica S.A. is a member of the following organizations:
- Argentinean Chamber of Reagents for Diagnosis (CAPRODI)
- Argentinean Biotechnology Forum
Our goals 2018-2020
For the period 2018-2020 the company is preparing itself to meet 6 main objectives:
- Expand our distribution network in Asia and Africa.
- Incorporate new products to the existing offer.
- Become an important player in value added processes in the agricultural industry through advanced genetic innovations.
- Deepen the automation processes of user laboratories.
- Promote new strategic alliances with universities and research centers for the joint development and scaling up of new products.
- Expand the use of molecular technologies in clinical and research laboratories.
- President and Founder: Roberto Sedlinsky
- Vice President: Silvia Gloria Kaplan
- Medical director: Jaime E. Bortz
- Administrative Director: Pedro Sedlinsky
- Technical Director: Héctor M. Quiroz